A Qualitative Survey of Clinicians
In collaboration with Particle3D, Msc in Engineering, Health & Welfare Technology, Jennifer Faridi, has performed a qualitative survey of clinicians in Neurology and Oral and Maxolliofacial surgery to examine their expectations and requirements for 3D printed bone implants.
Results: The survey finds that the following six properties are decisive factors that would convince the clinicians to purchase the 3D printed bone implants:
- The ability to reduce the risk of infections
- Predictability of knowing when the implant is reabsorbed
- High anatomical precision
- Fast delivery to cancer patients
- Stability in terms of shape
You can read the article here.